View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarie18 View Post
I am so scared right now about what is going to happen to me if I stop this med suddenly.
That depends on what med, how much you take, and how long you've been taking it (or meds like it).

People do change doctors from time to time; sometimes at the patient's behest, and sometimes at the doctor's. In cases of the latter, I don't know if there are any "rules" or "laws". Emergency treatment may not be denied, but if notice is given, I don't know that it would qualify as an "emergency". In many cases I've heard of, patients were given 30 days (1 refill) notice in which to find a new doctor. You didn't mention if this all happened suddenly within the past few days, or whether it happened a month ago. That could be what this letter is all about - I don't know.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-17-2012)