View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi archibrain,

Welcome to the forum! I find your post very interesting. My Epileptologist told me to limit myself to 4 cups of caffeine a day because it has increased my seizures causing more electrical activity in the brain which can trigger seizures. Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like your seizures may be coming from the left side or left temporal lobe where a person speech and language are.

A few yrs. ago I tried cold water therapy to help stop/reduce my simple partial, complex partial and absence (petit mal) seizures and it worked great. For the next month take your temperature each day at the same time and every time you have a seizure. Be sure to take your temp 3 times a day at the same time and keep data of all of your temperatures and what time it is. Then start keeping track of how many times a day you yawn and write that down also. They have done a study where yawning cools the brain which reduces seziures. While doing all of this put a cold washcloth on your face and neck 2-3 times a day and each time you feel a seizure starting. The cold water calms the neurons down in a persons brain stopping the seizures.
Each time I had seizures by body temperature was higher than usual and I was yawning less that day. Over in the UK they already have a device out to cool a persons brain and stop seizures. Try giving this a try with the temperature, yawning and cold water.

You should have your Epileptologist do a DNA test on you to find out what seizure meds work the best for you with the least side effects. I found out I was drug resistant after taking over 12 different seizure meds. so I started taking vitamin B12 once a day and I began the ketogenic diet and that really helped me a lot not to mention having brain surgery to help reduce my seizures. Now my biggest problem is being around others who use cell phones cell phone trigger seizures for me this is known as being "cell phone sensitive" it has to do with the frequency the cell phones are in that are triggering my seizures along with the electromagnetic field. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote