View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 PM
anonymous41913

anonymous41913

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Hi well I have been off work and have a lot of limits. I hope one day I will be able to go back to college and work. Right now just trying to take a day at a time. I have done some different kinds of therapy mentally for this because I really had a hard time coping. I still do but not to the degree. I am sorry you don't feel a priority in your family. Do you drive? Can you call around about making an apt with the neuro psych? What state do you live in?
I also have lost friends due to this. I know though isolation is not healthy for this. What I have learned is that people may not understand this but some try at least. I don't expect them to understand but just want a friendly check in and no dumb comment.
Sorry again are you in school?
Back to the disability question. When I was at Cleveland Clinic pain program and with some other pain doctors they have talked about and encouraged trying to have a life in this condition. Now on some days it is near impossible but on the better days to try to push oneself. So for ex I took a computer class when I had a better day etc. I encourage you too.
No, I do not drive unfortunately, but I am still in school and will soon go to college. It is very tough. My parents were supposed to call neuro psych, but I have no idea what is going on with that. I currently live in Ca. as well. The reason I asked the disability question was b/c I had someone not too long ago tell me that I was not disabled or handicapped, and it kind of bothered me. On a better day, I do, stretch more, and do more of my therapies, but my pain is always at an 8 out of 10 or above from the time I wake up,and from then on, it just gets worse. Then, that makes it harder for me to focus or really want to do anything in school. I am quite depressed but I "wear" a smile in front of family and friends. I went from the star and great dancer on my cheer team to someone who is in extreme pain. Just venting because as I type this now, my eyes are watering.....
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote