View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dalton,

Decreased appetite is not a common symptom of PCS but can be a symptom of anxiety and depression. It can also be a side-effect of many meds for anxiety and depression such as Xanax.

As I stated earlier, you need to find help to overcome your anxiety and obsession issues . If you need an expensive test to overcome ever concern, you will serious damage your ability to get doctors to help you and put your health insurance into a questionable position. The doctors will start getting grilled by the insurance company to justify the script for the expensive tests.

The term "medically necessary" will become a big issue as the insurance company tries to contain costs. The forms that get signed before exams and procedures usually have a clause that says the patient accepts full liability for the bill if the insurance company refuses to pay or only makes a partial payment .

I have been on the paying end of this problem when my insurance company refused to pay to all of the bill due to denial of "medical necessity."

There is substantial data to show that medical shows on TV cause a serious increase in doctor visits with patients complaining about concerns they are suffering from that weeks disease or medical condition. News reports and information from family and friends can cause just as many unnecessary concerns.

Concussion only makes this worse.

Hopefully, the neuro can use the concussion as the reason to request the MRI.

I hope you can find some help with your anxiety. The ups and downs of PCS can make anxiety worse without any need to add thinking about a disease or other conditions.

As others have mentioned, getting a review for a better med such a Prozac or Paxil or Zoloft will be worthwhile. A sedated mind that is still anxious shows a need for seeking a better treatment.

Hope you have a good experience with the MRI. I am claustrophobic and need to keep my eyes closed and hug my arms in tight so that I do not feel the inside of the MRI tunnel. Good ear plugs are also valuable.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote