Thread: How do I cope?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello, nice to meet you.

You know, I think people forget the enormous emotional toll that aneurysms take on the loved ones, friends and families. You are the hidden victims - because when we (the patient) are going through it, we don't remember much of it, and rely so much on people to do everything for us - from personal care in the early days, to becoming the housekeeper, chaffeur, companion, appointment manager and the list goes on.

It's a long road for everyone, and often times adjustments have to be made to our lives in the long term. It is only natural for you to be scared and concerned about the future. You have now been confronted with your mother's mortality and that is so scary - you are also in a situation where you have no control and that is scary too.

I think it would be really good for you to talk to a professional - or even a trusted friend about your feelings before it becomes a major problem.

I wish your mum, and you, all the best and try to remember that you have all been through a terrifying time. Your mum has had a lucky save, and is even more lucky to have a daughter like you who cares so much about her.

Keep us posted

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote