View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 06:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SSD review, short version

Hey all!
In the mail today, I received a disability report I have to fill out for Social Security. It's the little 2-page version. I'm on a 3-5 year review schedule and it's been 6 years since I was approved for disability so it's actually overdue.

I didn't think it was a big deal until I started reading a few of the threads here -- now I'm nervous! I didn't fill out my SSD application because I have problems with cognition and physical difficulties that make writing and sitting difficult. So a rep. at SSA wrote up my application for me. I just answered questions, took in all of my meds, and some of my med. records. My application was approved.

I have 12 diagnoses and more since then! I don't know if i was approved on one, a few, or all of them! So how do I fill out the review report? My most recent doctor visits, tests, and hospitalizations have been in the past month. I was just released from Baylor Heart Hospital a couple of weeks ago after having a major procedure. And I had a gastro-enterology appointment Thursday and med. changes for Crohn's Disease. These are new issues, though.

I have to see a lot of doctors and take a lot of meds. I have no shortage of medical documentation. But from reading the info here, I guess they are only interested in the medical problems related to the disabling conditions? I've had so much wrong, I don't know which ones they want documented!

The form asks for the last three medical visits and surgeries and says I should respond to the questions based on changes since Feb. 2010. I don't know why that year is signifcant but I figure SSA looks over our Medicare records from time to time to see how things are going and if we're receiving treatment.

Anyhoo, should I provide the latest visits and surgeries chronologically or should I emphasize the orthopedic surgeries I've had related to my connective tissue problems, instead? The heart problems might be related to the autoimmune stuff, though.
Teatime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote