Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Dear ABBB

I have indeed been thinking about you. I know you face this surgery this coming week. I have been praying for you. This cage is to secure the graft with your disks. I had a little differnent things done. I have rods, and screws placed, different side of the same coin. do you understand? This is just another way of going about stabilizing you spine. There are just two methods they use to get you to fuse, and make your spine strong again without the herniated disks and all the bone spurs getting in the way of you having a better life. while they work on you, all the things that are wrong will be addressed. Look up this cage item on Google. My only concern is that the vivid photos may frighten you. I did not look at my actual surgery until I finished with the proceedure. I knew what they were doing to me, but I didn't want to view the actually surgery until I was again on my feel. I didn't need to be freaked out any more than I already was. My opinion is that you are already really anxious as I was. Wait till you are well, and know that this cage will stabilize and correct your spine and allow you to heal.
The other part I am concerned about is your lack of help at home. I wish to heavens I was your neighbor. You really should have someone with you at least the first few days for meals, bathe, and comfort of not being alone. I even had my housemate bring my meds to me, as I didn't want to get up. I was up in the bath that had my water drawn for me. that first bath was heaven, and helped me feel better. I wore my collar most of the time except for sleep and in bed. Please get a neighbor, call your church, or get the community to respond to your needs. I would call the church if you are really alone and ask for this service on compassionate grounds. I don't think a church, any church would refuse a help request. Let me know how it stands with you on this issue. I am here for you to talk to. Please PM me if you want. Be at peace, and put your faith now into your doctors, that they can restore you to a better place in life. I am praying for you right this minute. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote