View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I also concur about checking with your doc as they would know all specifics of what you're taking, situation, etc.

I am currently on 100mg of Nortriptyline and ocassionally I take one 4 mg. tablet of Melatonin about 1/2 hour before bed. I also try taking a cup of Sleeytime tea about an hour before bed. I know that in about an hour, I'm ready for sleep, and I nod off quickly. Thank goodness that I've never had to wake up in the middle of the night and be expected to do anything requiring brainpower.

I do understand what you mean and I sometimes have that feeling that my brain is just not shutting off when I'm sleeping. I don't have issues of sleepiness or fatigue after about 15 minutes once I wake up but with this concussion, it's been one of the odd effects of having not having had the best sleep in a long time.

Insuring you get plenty of sleep during the night every night will help you a great deal.

Good luck!

Mike

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote