Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: agree with Dr. Smith

I totally agree with Dr.Smith. If you can call and arrange some kind of help those first few days at home, it will make your life much better. being alone those first few days is not a good idea. Call the hospital as Dr. Smith suggested and get a caregiver of some kind in. As far as what to bring? Bring easy in and out of cloths for when you go home. At home have an in and out of easy nightie, or PJ's, For me I needed a pillow that is inclined on an angle and that was better for me while in bed. It is called a wedge, bath bed and beyond stores carry them, and so do local medical supply places. There are also moist toweletts at walgreens for personal care so you don't have to take a bath or shower for a day or so. Just wipe cloths that are very nice. There is also a none soap shampoo you just put on your hair and towell dry if you want you hair washed. This is the kind of thing you will need help for. Also your meals are a concern. You will not feel at all like cooking and not maybe even eating. Have some comfort food in the fridge. I had tapiocia pudding, and steal cut oatmeal ready for me. soft foods in particular. Apple sauce,etc.
I also had greek yogurt. You may not have much of an appetite, but nutrition will be important and so will fluids bedside at home. Prepare as much as you can. Soup was also good when I was not hungry. Let me know how you are doing with these ideas. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote