View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Diagnosis

Hi,

I read your post and you seem to be very knowledgeable about supplements. I was recently diagnosed with adrenal fatigue/exhaustion and have been prescribed travacor and calm-prt. I'm very weary of taking any pills because I believe in the body's ability to heal itself with a little help from nature. I am concerned though. I took the Calm-Prt and I noticed my anxiety flared up to the same point it began when I first noticed my body was going into exhaustion. The Travacor makes me very sleepy and it is hard to stay awake at work. Which makes me a bit confused because the prescription was to take it in the morning. I stopped taking the calm-prt altogether I'm a young gal and I have never been this sick in my life! This experience has been scary because I have been on a roller coaster ride of symptoms ranging from panic attacks, constant anxiety, insomnia, depression, GI disturbances, menstral irregularities, it's been horrible and it's already been almost 2 months since I've had symptoms. I've been doing everything from acupuncture, massage, herbs; I was even prescribed anti-anxiety and anti-depressants which I've never needed in my life! I never took the anti-depressant because I knew that pills were not the solution. So I was wondering if you had any suggestions that may help calm these flair-ups and allow my body to heal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Travacor is a mixture of some simple vitamins in low amounts,
and a proprietary mix of 3 things:
taurine
5-HTP
Theanine

They lump these 3 together and give a final dose of 900mg!

So you do NOT know what you are getting. How much of EACH.

I never recommend that people consider products with this way of detailing the ingredients.

The taurine and theanine are not likely to cause headache or side effects. The 5-HTP is likely to be difficult to tolerate for some people. But we don't know how much of this is in this product!

I don't care WHO makes things like this....if this type of listing occurs on a label... proprietary mixture, then AVOID it.

Adrecor is similar, only it has FIVE ingredients listed in this combined way, so you still don't know what your are getting!
Rod243 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote