View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Attention Post concussed athlete any advice?

I have been a jock my entire life. Everything I do and everything I am revolves around sports. I was a very successful lacrosse and football player in high school and went to a d3 school to play both. The first week of football I lowered my head against my better judgement and got knocked backwards. I suffered a pretty bad concussion a few days later I couldn't even remember what month it was.

2 weeks later i was symptom free for 3 days and returned to practice only to slightly bump my head again resulting in the return of my concussion symptoms. That was 7 months ago and ever since then I have been dealing with terrible headaches that get worse with TV, Computer usage, Video games, and drinking, pretty much anything fun you could do as a college student.

To my surprise i have been dealing with it all very well but my quality of life has really suffered. I maintain good grades although the time in which I allow myself to study directly relates to how my head is feeling that day. I am not as social as I used to be in high school.

as i said before I have just put my head down and dealt with all of this disappointment very well, but I just watched my lacrosse team scrimmage yesterday and later that night i pretty much snapped. it is killing me not being able to play and no one around me quite understands what I am going through. I have tried everything. From chiropractor and acupuncturist to massage and medication but the headaches still persist. I feel pretty good right now, I have headaches all day everyday but they are not that debilitating.

If you have any advice or can give me any hope of recovery I would sincerely appreciate it.
Dallasstar1213 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote