View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dallasstar1213,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your struggles.

What you are experiencing is quite normal for PCS. Have you had any analysis of your upper neck done? A NUCCA.org or other upper cervical chiropractor may be helpful. PCS head aches are often related to misalignment of the upper cervical vertebra and spasming of the associated muscles.

From you recent concussion history, you put your brain at great risk if you return to any level of play. You need to reduce your anxiety and other stimulations to help your brain heal.

It is impossible to suggest what level of recovery you may attain. Nor is it possible to suggest a time frame for recovery.

Most of us have found great value to nutritional supplementation to help our brains heal and tolerate stress.

You are not the first and won't be the last jock with your questions as a college athlete. I hope you are in college with the intent to train for a life-long career as a non-athlete. I suggest you focus on those career goals and give your brain time to heal. It may take a year or two to become symptoms free. No one knows. And, no one knows if you will be able to tolerate another concussion without putting your entire future in jeopardy.

Try to back away from sports for a while so you can focus on healing. Your brain needs rest and low stress. No caffeine or alcohol or artificial sweeteners. Meat protein is good as is B vitamins.

I am having a slow day so others can fill in the blanks.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (02-19-2012), Theta Z (10-15-2012)