View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

John,

We all have our breaking points and it is not surprising you're losing it given all this. What is it with doctors downplaying our symptoms in first place? I have had two really good doctors who listen; one gets really peeved by other docs questioning us - her response is "why would a patient make up symptoms?"

Why indeed would you fake having a blinding headache? I am beginning to think we need to start getting sarcastic...tell them because I really enjoy visiting the ER; the fluorescent lights really do wonders for my "migraine". Please, John, one thing I have learned in living with this is that yes you can be positive but this does not mean you suck it up and take whatever is being offered if you don't feel comfortable with what a doctor is telling you.

I just looked up that drug to see if there were serious side effects and two instances of Hemorrhagic Stroke have been reported to the FDA. Further, your headache description rather mirrors this as it is reported as "like a bolt of lightening or thunderclap to the head". Stiff neck is part of it too. I don't mean to be alarmist; it could very well be a migraine but look out for your self and follow up. I think this goes way beyond being stoic and sucking it up; a stroke no matter how transient or ischemic is a serious thing. With PD, the last thing we want is any (more) brain trauma. I am most certain that a fall I took during an ice storm (landing on back of my head) hastened the onset of PD symptoms; prior to this I was atypical both ET and PD.

Hang in there!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jcitron (02-20-2012)