Thread: voices
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Yearning for this Forum to become more active

One of our sons, our eldest, deals with Schizoaffective Disorder, called by others as Schizophrenia, among other psychoses. We have ached for him now six years after first DX, although, had we known of his true issues we may have seen his situation for what it was much earlieer.

Brilliant beyond measure, he is phenomenal with IT matters, but cannot remain there long, because "an episode" may be brought on and his fears overwhelm. The meds he now has by RX are helping, and horrific fear episodes have lessened significantly, although we wonder as we age what will become of our dear young one.

This, perhaps, is why we pray for the means ultimately to build a home facility for folks such as he who, in common, may feel safety of circumstances while having care, and freedom to express themselves as they may. This son is a wondrous artist, lyricist, musician, and on a computer, seemingly filled with God's intuitive gifts of understanding, solutions, structure, and code..... but then the psychosis interrupts.

I know all of the posts on these threads are ancient so far as time demonstrates, and yet, reaching out seems necessary. Thus, I write.

Years ago, although he claims not to have heard voices per se, he felt as though he was compelled to meet with a variety of High Profile individuals who would approach him incognito to receive a message he had to deliver to them. This we first discovered when he drove an hour away for a "meeting" and "she" did not show up in disguise. Thereafter, we pursued DX aggressively wanting to know what had become of our child.

Parents caught in situations such as these are ill prepared even via support groups once DX is confirmed. There seems to be nothing societally. Thus, I post.

Reaching out,
Mark56
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-20-2012), Bob Dawson (04-02-2013), Brokenfriend (12-26-2012), momwhocares1 (05-28-2013), Rrae (03-24-2012), Waking Light (02-12-2020)