View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
John,

We all have our breaking points and it is not surprising you're losing it given all this. What is it with doctors downplaying our symptoms in first place? I have had two really good doctors who listen; one gets really peeved by other docs questioning us - her response is "why would a patient make up symptoms?"

Why indeed would you fake having a blinding headache? I am beginning to think we need to start getting sarcastic...tell them because I really enjoy visiting the ER; the fluorescent lights really do wonders for my "migraine". Please, John, one thing I have learned in living with this is that yes you can be positive but this does not mean you suck it up and take whatever is being offered if you don't feel comfortable with what a doctor is telling you.

I just looked up that drug to see if there were serious side effects and two instances of Hemorrhagic Stroke have been reported to the FDA. Further, your headache description rather mirrors this as it is reported as "like a bolt of lightening or thunderclap to the head". Stiff neck is part of it too. I don't mean to be alarmist; it could very well be a migraine but look out for your self and follow up. I think this goes way beyond being stoic and sucking it up; a stroke no matter how transient or ischemic is a serious thing. With PD, the last thing we want is any (more) brain trauma. I am most certain that a fall I took during an ice storm (landing on back of my head) hastened the onset of PD symptoms; prior to this I was atypical both ET and PD.

Hang in there!

Laura
I want to thank you for your support. I am definitely going to follow-up on this. I am still concerned, although the headache is now at a 3 on the pain scale. The eyeball has gone back into place and I actually woke up hungry. The yogurt I ate actually had flavor other than sour. This is the other thing, which everyone thinks is a joke. All food tasted weird. Sour things were extra sour, sweet was beyond nauseatingly sweet, etc. Other than that, there was no flavor at all. The thing is I really do like to eat, and now I've gone about 3 days with little food. Although today I'm aching for some donuts!

I really do, like you wonder why the doctors treat us like we "like" the attention. Yeah right, I love being stabbed, irradiated, poked and jabbed, kept awake by people checking me, and oh my headache is "all in my head". Perhaps some day, one of these doctors will be on the other side, and let them feel what it's like. I wouldn't want to be one of them!

I could go on and keep venting, but you said it all. The symptoms that came on got me scared and that's why I did what I did. My grandfather had a stroke, and my great grandfather had one (my grandfather's father-in-law). I do not want to become a victim of something that could be taken care of. The meds were given to me with good cause, and I don't fault my neurologist. She warned me of the possibility of this happening, and I kept my eyes open for anything weird. I'm good that way, and I acted accordingly, the way I look at it.

We'll see what happens next. Perhaps I give in and go on disability. This is probably out of the question because in Mass. the only people that get it are obese or politicians who know somone one at the top!

John
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
----\\\--///----someone
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
-----///\\\----Cancer..
----///--\\\---Thank you
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote