View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi! New to the site

Hi. I'm new to this site and hoping for some advice. I have had severe headaches for quite awhile now. They started in 2009 and have gotten progressively worse over time. In Sept. of 2010 I was given a nerve block by my neurologist. It worked just fine. Then, this last Dec. (2011) I went back to have another one because the headaches came back with a vengeance. It did not work at all this time. I was miserable. At this point my pain was the entire back of my head, neck, shoulders, spine, lower back, shoulders, arms (down to my elbows feel like lead), hips and ankles. My dr gave me meds with codeine which did nothing. He then told me I had fibromyalgia. I am currently on 20 mg of cymbalta and have only been on it for little over a week. So far it has done nothing as well. I still hurt, I don't sleep well (due to my hips hurting) and really need some advice. Does this really sound like fibromyalgia? The only reason I can think of for the dose being so low is that I am also epileptic. Any ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
jiardina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (02-21-2012)