View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Now aren't you a doll!!1

I just told Alan, he ran over to the computer, he took one look at Trigger Point Injections, and said "where do I sign up?" I said 'take it easy'.

We'll give them a call and ask our questions. Now, a long time ago, Alan used to go to pain management doctors for his PN, they had him on Ultram, vicodin, and finally, the Fentanyl Patch. This was around 2001 and 2002. Then he went to get the epidural thing. He did nothing!!!

And why no one ever suggested a trigger point thing is beyond me. You see, I have no idea if this will work on Alan. And if you think about it, he's had 5 rounds of IVIG and soon will (hopefully) begin the home infusions.

Now if he gets a trigger point, and he feels no pain (AND THIS IS NOT A BAD THING, BELIEVE ME), how can he tell if the IVIG thing is working??

He's going to call us this trigger point guy anyway and ask his questions.

Wow, if there's a way to stop the pain between his toes (besides using Blue Stuff and me pounding on his back), that would really be something. He wants to get a part time job so we can at least have a life. Right now, all we do is go to doctors and pay co-pays. I know there are many many people who have a much much worse case of PN than Alan. I do realize this. But for 18 years this guy has been shaking his feet, not able to lie down or sit down for any length of time without resorting to xanax, and other stuff, well it would be a nice change of pace to live normally.

I really don't see this happening any time soon. I guess I'm defeated or something. I have to be happy that we have a roof over our head.

A lot of people don't even have that. I know this.

Will let you know what Alan does with this Trigger Point thing.

Regards and much thanks for the info. You are a special doll!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote