View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
I read it was first called "causalgia" when first presented during the Civil War. Not sure what after that until I was diagnosed in 1992 with RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), now CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome). My doctors (and I) mostly refer to it as RSD. But most paperwork has RSD/CRPS on it.

I wish they would stop changing the name of it, or just decide on one and stay with it. So many healthcare professionals do not know anything about it, and with another name change it just confuses them even more!

I have CRPS...what?? you know RSD...oh ok! That is how most conversations go with a new dr.

Hi my name is Lisa, I have had RSD for going on 13 years. I am full body with organ involvement. I am also a Mentor for the RSDSA. I'm sure you know that there are 2 types of RSD Type I and Type II which is called Causalgis, meaning burning pain. That name was started back since world war I. On another note I agree that this issue of changing names needs to stop. It confuses patients and doctors. Like we need more of that right? I am in the process of needing a orthopedic due to the RSD causing severe Osteopenia & Osteoporosis, which due to being left untreated has caused bone disease. I just love when they say, " You need and Ortho ASAP!" Really Cause I've called 9 Orthopedics in the state of Louisiana and I get the same response! You have what? What is RSD? I then reply thanks for you time but I don't have time to pay a visit to teach a dr. But I do mail packets of info to them with a note if you feel that you can help me out after reading this info please contact me. LOL If I am gonna teach about RSD it won't be on my $.
Angeloffire73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote