View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but not a stranger to forums, so I hope that I can get some feedback on my situation.

I am an alcoholic, currently 201 days sober, and I feel great. I have been drinking pretty much daily for 20+ years. BUT, here is the thing, about 2 years ago I was drinking very heavily, triggered mostly by losing my job,a divorce and then moving to a different state to escape. A gallon a day was not uncommon and I slowly started to lose feeling in my legs (numbness, weakness). I brushed it off. I continued to drink and I got to the point where I could not walk on my own. I put myself in a wheelchair.

6 months later I wound up in jail after a binge. Well, 87 days ala the state and then 3 months in a hostel, I am back on my own.

So, I am now walking with a cane and am quite mobile, but I am not near what people call 'normal'. My legs are still "weak" and if I walk on my own I have trouble with balance and my legs feel "heavy" at times.

This all points to Alcoholic Neuropathy and unfortunately I fit the symptoms.

SO, to my point, and question. I am NOT looking for sympathy, I am looking to better my life. I have been taking B12 for about 3 months and I dont know if its helped or not. The one Doctor I visited was no help at all, he claimed it was low potassium.

So, I came across this forum and also a product called 'Neuropathy Support Formula'......

Does anybody have any REAL words to say about it? Does it help a drunk (albeit sober) like me get back to some normality?

Are there any other tips or tricks that may benefit me in some way?

Thanks for any help,

Icehouse
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (02-05-2020), bizi (04-06-2013), coopster (09-30-2017), PamelaJune (04-01-2017)