View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick92 View Post
so your saying 50 years from now if im in a stressful situation my pcs will come back? thats crap

what about if i make it to college and i have to do a presentation in front of a big class, ill be nervous, which leads to stress, which will lead to full blown pcs symtoms again??

this never ends.....
I'm more optimistic than this myself. I am already back working almost full time in an extremely stressful job, and whilst I'm still not quite doing my 'full duties' I would guess that my average day at work is more stressful than a lot of other people's.

I seem to be coping ok despite not having finished recovering from my PCS, and based on my current progress I expect to be able to handle any sort of stress or whatever that I could before my injury, once I finish recovering.

This is also taking into account that whilst I know I have caused some degree of permanent damage to my brain, I will also not be doing things I did before my injury which put stress on the brain like drinking alcohol, headering soccer balls, eating badly etc.

If I'm wrong then I will deal with it, the most important thing for me is that I've reached a state of health where I feel that I can enjoy life again, even though I'm not quite firing on full cylinders.

I'm sure some people make 'fuller' recoveries than others, and our current stage of scientific knowledge doesn't really allow us to predict this. Best to be hopeful until proven otherwise, I would say!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-15-2012)