View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 07:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default tDCS new update

Two days ago I developed run of the mill constipation. Unfortunately the associated inflammation set off a CRPS chain reaction. Result-swelling everywhere, joint pain on duty again, had to use cooking oil to get my rings off, limb pain, screaming abdominal pain. My husband begged me to go to the ER- (I might-when pigs fly)

Yesterday I could not even blink without severe pain. I was down for the count and in bed all day. I fell when I got up to use the bathroom.

Here is the good news. Prior to tDCS I would have been down for days and would have had to claw my way back. The last time I had a setback I got myself right back on a tDCS treatment schedule and the flare ceased.

This time I am on a maintenance tDCS schedule. I treat twice a week for twenty minutes each. My day to treat is not until Wednesday so I am waiting.

Today I am bouncing back with no intervention of any kind except Excederine for a headache which is now down to a dull roar. (In the past the headache would linger for days) I probably should have taken advil instead since it is an anti-inflam)

I have already done the first round of my exercises and hope to walk outside this afternoon-will have to wait and see on that one.

What amazes me is the absolute belief, based on my level of pain, that I was done and that this flare had undone all of my progress. I don't think that my belief was the result of negative thinking, but rather the result of the amount of full body pain I was in and the knowledge of what typically would follow.

This morning I put my rings on again, (although I took them off-dont' want to press my luck) My full body pain is gone, joint pain is gone, electric shock type pain down my legs is gone, and the abdominal pain is now discomfort.

There seems to be a battle going on in my body. CRPS versus tDCS. I am so thankful that at this point in time tDCS is in the lead.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

I am still looking for input from anyone who has had a successful maintenance schedule of treatments.
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (02-21-2012), fmichael (02-22-2012)