View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Before January 2001, I had always carried a pocket knife since I was in junior high. I never lost anything. Not a wallet, keys or anything. I lost a very expensive pocket knife that I had had 20 years. I finally stopped carrying a pocket knife because I lost them if I did. I also kept losing my cell phone and needed to spend too much time looking for it. I finally put my cell phone on a lanyard and it hangs around my neck.

I have put things in the frig when they don't belong there and all sort of other screw-ups.

Welcome to the screwed-up memory club. Have a laugh when you can. Nothing else helps.

My best to you.
I've put the cereal in the fridge and the milk on top of the fridge.....

I caught myself in the act lol.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bh_pcs (02-22-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (02-21-2012)