View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
I would start researching both "Cymbalta" and "Lyrica", as they can be very useful in their own respective ways!
Thank you for all those who have given me their thoughts about my condition. Just an update - I had MRI of my head and neck, both were
normal. I had NCV and EMG but results are yet to be discussed with my neuro in my next visit. I also had a test for the lower extremity doppler. The technician commented that it was normal. I have essentially been tested which could be the cause of the neuropathy but it all came back normal. Except for my thyroid function test which is a little way off. My primary care physician has been trying to adjust the dosage of my Synthroid (for 3 consecutive times) but it just could not make my TSH normal.

Does anyone in the group has hypothyroidism as the cause of the PN, even with just a little abnormalities? I wish I could find an underlying condition for my PN, at least there is something to cure.

I purchased a guidebook on PN from MediFocus. It says in that book that Levothyroxine is contraindicated with Gabapentin. Is this true?

I am now experiencing much pain in my feet. I barely can stand and walk because of the pain. The burning is really bad as well as the jabbing, lancinating and prickling in my skin.

Thank you all for "listening" to me.. It scares me to death living in constant pain for the rest of my life.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote