View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

]

Thank so much Mrs. D. I had my Total Thyroidectomy in 2007. It took months before I had my thyroid function stabilized. I was on .75mcg for years, until my PN symptoms came last Oct. 2010. Due to my PN symptoms, I had essentially tests related to PN, all came back normal, except the TSH. It was 9.230 (normal range 0.450-4.500). Then, my Synthroid was adjusted to .100mcg resulting to a TSH of 0.078. Then, my Synthroid was again adjusted to .88mcg resulting to a TSH of .162. Now, I am on .88mcg for 5 days and .75mcg for 2 days. Hopefully, my TSH will be normal in my next test. My neuro does thinks that my TSH numbers is enough to cause my PN. You see my PN symptoms are all over my body : pain on both feet; jabbing, prickly and lancinating pains in my legs and arms. As you know, it is very uncomfortable even the touch of a soft materials in my skin. I am taking my Synthroid on empty stomach at 5am, followed by VB12 (methylcobalamine) at 6am at the Gabapentin at 7AM. It is only after taking Gabapentin that I take food.

Do you know if Gabapentin and Synthroid are contraindicated with each other, taken on different times?

I have been to 2 neurologists, both of whom seem to be nonchalant of my symptoms. If they only know/experience the pain, I am sure they would have been more sympathetic.

Again, thank you Mrs. D.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote