View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Of course for me it always comes back to the finances.

For spouses please consider your role in supporting the family should your partner's ability to work be hindered in the future. Seeing the writing on the wall and making necessary adjustments to line things up in a proactive way before you are forced in a corner is crucial, imo.

For example: it stinks if you have always dreamed of being a stay at home Mom and now your husband has been diagnosed with MS but this is the time to assess your future earning potential. Perhaps start taking classes so you have the ability to become the family breadwinner if needed?

I will never be "financially wealthy" especially now with this miserable disease but I should be able to remain comfortable if I continue to live simply, knock wood. Having MS is bad enough without having to worry about how you are going to pay your bills or hire someone to help you if necessary.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (02-22-2012), Dejibo (02-22-2012)