Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
Hi Mrs. D., I have regular email but I am trying to go up the food chain with the local clean air agency and it looks like Outlook is the best way to contact the director. The woodsmoke is so bad in my town the EPA told them to clean it up or be fined but they aren't enforcing the burn bans in my neighborhood. The smoke here at night from old, uncertified woodstoves is unbelievable, pea soup sometimes. I think it has reached dangerous levels for me but my neighbors with good lungs are complaining as well. One woman in my apartment complex with heart problems died, she wasn't in very good health but I saw her struggling during the stagnant air advisory and I know that played a small roll at least. Another has been hospitalized every year with pneumonia for the past three years.

Sorry to vent. I'm pretty angry. They do contact people after a complaint but the result has mainly been to teach them to be sneakier. I know people are just trying to stay warm but I also know these emissions levels are illegal in my state and the people just don't seem to care as long as they get away with it. There is grant money available this year to help people upgrade their stoves but no one has done it.

I think there is a certain amount of local politics involved and suspect contacting the director isn't going to do much but Outlook looks like it may be the way to contact EPA too, someone in my area did that and got some results.
Thanks,
Judi
You don't need Outlook to contact any specific place or person, it is just a program to collect your email, that's all it does, well and a calendar and planner if I recall.

Possibly the email provider you use now is flagged as having lots of spam & that's why you got blocked from sending.

I would make a new separate email address for this, any of the free email providers should work, like Yahoo, or gmail, both can be used online at their website or downloaded onto your own computer (pop mail).

For you the online webmail might work better, nothing to set up really just make an account and start using it.

Give one of them a try and see if it works for you, nothing to lose if it doesn't.

Yahoo ( https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym )
Gmail ( https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?s...&ltmpl=default )
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-24-2012)