View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Significance of my specific injury

Although risking the quality of the rest of my life for a few seasons of lacrosse is not to smart of a decision, I do think the severity of my injury comes into play. The ONLY pcs symptom i have dealt with is headaches, there have been points in time where I could not leave my bed because of how bad they were, and then there are times when I can barely even tell if I have one or not.

My mental capacity is as good as it was before, I have taken tests which determine your memory and thinking skills and I have performed very well. The suffering i have been through have been less pain oriented, but more so just from the lack of proving myself as an athlete. If it was not for the missing sports, I would not even bother avoiding TV, videogames, alcohol. The physical pain I am dealing with is managable, the emotional let down is what is most debilitating.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the PCS i am dealing with from a pain standpoint is not that serious, but what it is preventing me from doing is as bad as it gets.
Dallasstar1213 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote