View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kitt

Thanks for your response and the additional information.

My symptoms... started initially with problem with balance a long time ago. This resulted in problems with walking; having to have injections in my ankles due to pain from walking improperly; teaching myself how to walk again and my strength depleting over time to where walking is very problematic (I use a wheelchair for long distances - I use a 4-wheeled walker with a seat for short distances or in places where I know I can sit when I need to without creating chaos); swelling around the ankles if I stand or sit for too long a period; pain in the knees, feet, hands; feeling fluey(?); catching the infection of the moment - if I am in a confined and/or crowded public place (I had a very bad 2011 caught laryngitis, then a very bad chest infection, then what they thought was meningitis (ended up being a very bad migraine but with a high fever); tired; no grip strength in my hands; drop foot; heavy feet on bad days; foggy head. There are other symptoms that seem to come and go depending on good and bad days.

My balance started becoming an issue back in 2003. I wasn't taken seriously until late 2009 when I insisted that my GP take me seriously and refer me to a consultant. It has taken 4 EMG tests for them to figure out the neuropathy I have and several consultants. I now feel, at least, like the consultant I am seeing may be the one who will work with me to figure this out but I have been disappointed so many times that I hesitate to place my complete trust in this.

I know I'll have to educate my GP about this because he is a General Practitioner and will not know specifically about this but I have to educate myself first.

It is quite exhausting, confusing and frustrating because just when I think I have a hint at what is going on, I find something else out to take me down another road. One day at a time, I suppose.

Thanks for taking an interest. I will keep looking, keep reading, keep researching and keep everyone informed of my progress. You never know, something that is happening with me might supply someone else with information they've been looking for as well.

Thanks again, Kitt!
All the very best! ~ Jean
jeanhf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (02-22-2012)