Thread: Biofeedback
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Biofeedback & Chronic Pain

Hi, my name is Craig Adams. I live in Sydney Australia, and I have just joined the group and read this message. I work as an educational
assistant for the BFE Chronic Pain Team. I have suffered CHRONIC PAIN RSD CRPS that started in 2004. I am asking people just like myself with chronic pain to have a look and tell people just like myself tips on how to live with chronic pain in their life.

QUOTE=Rrae;853485]Yes, I tried it, per my psychiatrist. Mine is for anxiety mostly, although I do suffer chronic pain (RSD) and it would probably work for the flare ups. However, when I get the flare ups, that's when anxiety kicks in and when I'm in anxiety-mode I have a hard time concentrating long enough to get benefit from biofeedback/relaxation.

Do you incorporate 'Guided Imagery' with it? That's where you use all 5 of your senses to take you to your 'picturesque' place. Mine was 'the mountains'. I'm supposed to 'smell the pines', 'hear the birds', 'see an eagle soaring above', 'taste the air', 'feel - something', i forget

I can see where it can be a beneficial tool, but like I said it's hard to stick with when anxiety takes center stage. I'm still trying to work on it.

Rae
[/QUOTE]
bfe chronic pain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote