Thread: CoQ10
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Co-Q 10 for statin users protects the heart. Without it, statins block your liver from making the CoQ-10 for you.

Muscle contraction and high performance requires it. People low
in CoQ-10 can develop congestive heart failure and/or cardiomyopathy.
It has very important functions for heart muscle--which never stops, and uses a great amount of energy.

It doesn't really do much else. For Parkinson's patients or people with certain ataxias, it improves cell function in the brain to
help with movement disorders.

For regular people, it is mostly silent doing its thing.

It is a cofactor in mitochondrial energy production. So I added it to my acetyl carnitine and ribose.

I would expect it to be missed once discontinued. It is a gradual support type nutrient. And vital for those on Statins!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (02-23-2012), en bloc (02-22-2012), Karate Mom (02-23-2012), v5118lKftfk (05-21-2014)