View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone for the resplies,

mrsD, I have had the thyroid test and that was OK and I do take a calcium magnesium supplement and do also take a 5mg sublingual methylcobalamin B12 and I do not take statins or have had any antibiotics recently.

glenntaj, I did have the back surgery 4 months ago but that did not help my legs and my neurologist looked at the MRI and said that would not cause my leg symptoms. I also told him about a bad whiplash injury I had 25 years ago but he did not think that would cause these symptoms. My primary Dr thinks this is something systemic and thinks it could be my prediabeties which my neurologist says no. I do have a glucose meter and keep my blood sugar under 140 after meal at 1 hour with my careful diet,but some times if I eat something I shouldn't like a small bowl of cheerios my sugar will go up to 160 at 1 hr but then comes down to 100 at 2 hrs so I can only imagine what my post meal blood sugar was up to prior to my lo carb diet. The wierd thing is I am not obese if anything I am slender so I hope I am not doing all this low carb diet for nothing but regardless if this is causing my leg problem my primary doc says if I don't I will be diabetic years from now.

danniella, I have been in good health except for my back problem which is ok now, I have had kidney stones and neck pains from whiplash in my past and had an incident over 20 years ago involving overexposure to a paint remover that messed with my vision and gave me pains in the chest but I recovered after being put on prednisone for two weeks so I don't think that could be efecting me 20 years later know because I stay away from chemicals now.
Richie Rich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote