Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Once someone is past their insured date, even if they didn't know about it, it's next to impossible to win their case. Remember way back when my insured date was here, there was no internet. I'm practically 20 yrs. older than you. Anyway, once a person is past the insured date they have to prove they were disabled before this date. Regardless of what situation I am in now, and it is worse, none of that is considered because it still keeps going back to proving before the date. Even with three doctors stating I have been disabled long before this date, I was still denied at my hearing.

It took me a long, long time to figure out rules like this, so there would be no way you or the regular person applying for social security would run into this problem. Be grateful; I feel it is very unfair I already proved I'm disabled and was on SSI for quite sometime. None of that is even considered now. The two therapist I had never mentioned one of the important disabilities I do really have, & just ignored I was already considered disabled before. I guess they really don't think I am, but thank god real doctors do which does at least carry more weight.

It will be next to impossible for me to win this case as I said, I'm lucky I've been given another chance with a hearing. I have to go before the same judge who already turned me down so that's not good. I simply failed to know about the date; I'm glad younger people now can see the commercials and receive statements like I never did before, and the internet to read when & how to do it. The social security office is using this for all its worth to deny me. I'm sorry if I've seemed bitter, but I think anyone here would feel the same way to have been abused like this. I cry all the time how they just threw me off & left me with no insurance, then I was turned down for insurance for pre-exsisting conditions. It's sad how I was treated on this board, it's supposed to be here for support but I didn't get any really. I did from a few people so that was at least nice. I had something else I really wanted to post to notify people a new thing that is happening the social security offfice is now doing to us all, but because of the way I was treated I can't do it now. I don't care to go through more stuff about how awful I am because I was aware of the one therapist games. She wasted a year of my life saying she was behind me with all of this & then deliberately wrote something else to make sure I lost my case. All of this because I requested another counselor who could remember what we'd talked about the week before. I wanted to warn people to be careful, some therapist will lie and then write something else just because they feel like it.
Zevan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote