View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with Abby - mine took about 2 weeks. My understanding is that there is only 1 lab in the country that does this test and the bloodwork has to be sent to them.

I also agree that for me, it was better to know. Even though I had never heard of mg, when I finally got a diagnosis after 6 months of not knowing what was wrong (but knowing something was wrong!), it felt like the weight of the world rolled off my shoulders. Finally!! It's not all in my head! It is an actual disease that hopefully, we can do something about. My daughter (a physical therapist) who was with me when I got the diagnosis, was the one who almost passed out. She was currently treating someone with mg who was intubated at home and would apparently, never be able to breathe on their own again. She pictured that for me, but the neuro was quick to point out that was not the type I had. If it was, after 6 months with no treatment, I would already be intubated.

Good luck with your diagnosis. Hopefully, the blood test will produce the result you want.
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote