View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I'm inferring from your post that you are willing to give up your ferrets because your need for the PSD is greater. Is that correct or am I mistaken?
The need for a PSD is greater, yes, but I am uncomfortable with rehoming my ferrets. One of them requires medical care and a strict diet, it would also be a great shock to them to be rehomed. I made a commitment to them when I brought them into my home, and it would only add stress to my situation.

Quote:
Who are "they" in the above quote, and where did you read this
I'm sorry, by "they" I meant the apartment complex. That they may force me to rehome my ferrets, and refuse me a PSD if I do not.
I do not have specific links I could point you to right now, I read literally about thirty different websites just this morning. I seemed to be getting mixed information from each site, some said they can't deny me even an ESA, and some said they can.

Quote:
Do you require a PSD specifically or would an ESA suffice?
I think an ESA would suffice, but I'd prefer training for specific actions. I can get into long panic attacks that are extremely hard to get me out of, so something like having the dog nudge me a certain way or something would be helpful. I've read that even if you do train a PSD for certain actions, if it's only for helping with depression it won't hold in court against a landlord.
ABitofPanic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote