View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janejane View Post
Hi!

I am wondering in anyone got worse from using mirror therapy? Or did anyone get better from it? I would appreciate any info regarding this therapy. Some doctors are suggesting it is a breakthrough but I have heard of people getting worse from it. What are your experiences?
I hope you are all doing well and having a great day!
I had an excellent response to it. It is not a break through treatment-it has been around since the 1940's. It is one of the few treatments for CRPS that is very low risk and deals directly with cortical reorganization, one of the main culprits of CRPS. I still use it.

If you try this therapy make sure you are working with a physician or PT who is very familiar with its use. I had to teach myself, through extensive research, how to treat with Mirror Therapy since I could find no providers who knew anything about it.

Hope this treatment helps. I have not come across any examples of Mirror Therapy causing a spread of CRPS. Lots of anecdotal reports of the treatment not working, but for many of those that I have read about, the treatment was done incorrectly.

Hope you give this a shot!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote