Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My answer

Hi

Here I've gone and posed a question but failed to tell you what I think. First, I should say that I.m an atheist but I find them boring and generally try to avoid them. I don't know why I'm telling you this except you may find it a good time to hit the delete button. Secondly, I was raised in the Catholic Church, was an alter boy, memorized my Latin, attended Catholic schools for ten years and in eight years of grade school attended mass six days a week. My (Catholic) high school is the only one to which I will give money. Thirdly, I think the Devil's Advocate will be very tough. The Catholic Church doesn't want to embarrass itself by promoting an undeserving soul to sainthood. They have had that experience in the past. Over 1,000 years ago one man was killed in a drunken brawl and raised to sainthood. Some time back the church revised its list of saints and removed the names of those who were not deserving.

Fourthly, I don't think a miracle occurred.

I don't know how the Devil's Advocate will approach this miracle but my hunch is that he will focus on the diagnosis. I was diagnosed on my first visit but, I know, others have gone through several years of indecision before a final diagnosis was made. Still, if the Devil's Advocate does not find any compelling reasons to rule out a miracle, he will have to call it a miracle, even though none had occurred. Such is the vagaries of medicine

All the best

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote