View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had iicp from a concussion for about six months - it makes me think of the bleed you suffered from.

I had some acupuncture for several months and it helped me a lot with the pain. I think it worked a lot better than the narcotics I was prescribed, but my Dr. and acupuncturist both said that it works differently for everyone.

I see a chiropractor once a month. I was seeing him weekly for months though, I had to until my muscles were able to hold all my joints etc into place better like they used to (6 months of iicp made all my muscles atrophy).

I am currently experimenting with homeopathy. I read an article that researched its effects treating people with PCS and the conclusion was that it would be worthwhile to do more research about it. It was conducted by a reputable Western Medicine source. I intend to post a link to the article in the sticky at the top of the forum one of these days... I've noticed some good things since I started, but I'm doing so many things, I can't say which are really helping and what's helping more than time for me - it's been 20 months or so since the accident I was in that gave me the mTBI... so it could just be time and the fact that my physical health is improving.

I also recommend tai chi, yoga and meditation. I consider those all to be "alternative" practices as well, but I find them very beneficial. I meditated and practiced yoga before the accident.

I also take BCAA's as a supplement. I found some research articles that indicated they might help people heal faster from a mTBI. I put that article in one of the threads stickied to the top of the forum.

My acupuncturist also recommended that I take CDP Choline,
Phosphatidylserine and D-Ribose and my neurologist approved all of them too.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wdl6591 (02-22-2012)