View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just like the others said....I highly recommend acupuncture. It does wonders for the headaches. Acupuncturists are looking at your problems from a completely different perspective than Western Medicine doctors, so they are looking to treat your entire self....not just the headaches. It does take time for you to see long lasting results, you need to be consistent in getting treatments whether thats weekly or biweekly. it helps calm you down, helps with anxiety, and really relaxing.

Also, I had nurse friends of mine doing Healing Touch on me when i was working and having bad headaches. Its an energy therapy that is similar to reiki....and even acupuncture (except no needles). The idea is that there is a blockage or congestion of chi (or energy) that needs to be released in order for the body to heal and operate normally.

I took a weekend class for Level 1 Healing Touch and learned how to do it to myself as well as make friends with others in the class who could practice on me. I completely turned my symptoms around from being constant to barely ever having them. I am about to take Level 3 in 2 weeks so i am learning more advanced stages and i do treatments on my patients in the hospital. All of them experience deep relaxation, less pain, less anxiety, and more positive outlook. There are 5 levels total.

You can find a Healing Touch practicioner at www.healingtouchinternational.org

I also do yoga, see a chiropractor, and take chinese herbs made for me by my acupuncturist (who is also an herbalist).
I take 80mg Nortriptyline at night and occasionally take fiorinal or tylenol for any headaches that pop up in between....which is only a couple times a week....or i do healing touch on myself and get rid of the headaches that way.

Good luck in your search for alternative treatments!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wdl6591 (02-23-2012)