Thread: working?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default working?

I'll explain as vaguely as possible but its important to know my CRPS started due to an attack, not regular injury at work.

I'm coming up on two years since my injury and crps began and I seem to be most able to work a light duty position in the warmer, but not excrutiatingly hot, months. I live in a mild winter area and so we are pretty much done with winter and back to the 80-90s. Then as it becomes excrutiatingly hot, then cold for winter, I flare so bad, and even experienced spread, I can't work.

Getting put on ttd is a nightmare, and the jobs I'm given are demoralizing and don't provide any stimulation to keep my mind off my pain.

Now that the temps are mild and my flare is calming I am nervous about being asked to work with restrictions. I wouldn't mind if where they put me had purpose and helped improve my life but usually they don't. I'm incapable of much contact with the population where I work because of my fear of being attacked, and I can't handle stress or it causes a flare. I end up with a laundry list of restrictions and then I have to fight hr, the temp job supervisor, and the union to obey them/help enforce them.

My ins has run out. I get 26 biweeklys, a year, of ins in wc and they're done. I'm divorced but remarried but the only one who insures the kids.

So what restrictions are helpful? My Dr and ergo guy at the hr office and union rep are helpful in getting them written. I just want to have purpose but not fear of flaring and having to fight for ttd again.

Does anyone actually work full duty who isn't in remission? I just can't see ever being a full time emp and dealing with crps.
JimsGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote