View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Lumber MRI Question

Hi to all. I have been on this site for some time as I had ACDF C5-6 C6-7 12/9/2010 then a car accident 9/2/2011 (rear ended). My lower back has been an issue since the car accident. Finally asked for an MRI. I have been going to PT and at times seems helpful for both neck and back. Let me know what you think about the Lumber MRI. When I spoke to the PA he did not feel that there were major issues, just to keep an eye on the situation. He did say that there was some fluid lose at the tear which concerns me. He does feel it is recent and probably from the accident. I also notice many white spots which he said were cysts or hematomias . Again not a concern. Should have asked if they were caused by the accident and if they can be a future concern. Oh well, next time.

The lumbar lordosis is preserved and there is a slight convexity of the lower lumber spine to the left. There is diffuse mild dehydration. There is a transitional lumbosacral junction. Based on the termination of the conus which would be at L1-2 level, the last well formed disc space is considered

L5-S1 with sacralizaton of the L5 vertebral body. There is no collapse or subluxation.

L1-2 is normal

L2-3 there is bulging with flattening of the ventral thecal sac. There is no central or foraminal compromise.

L3-4 there is bulging and facet hypertrophy with flattening of the ventral thecal sac. There is no significant central or foraminal compromise.

L4-5 there is facet and ligamentous hypertrophy. There is bulging with superimposed annual tear along the left posterolateral aspect of the disc space. There is flattening of the ventral thecal sac and slight left lateral recess/foraminal compromise.

L5-6 is unremarkable

The consus medullaris is normal in position and signal intensity. There is no intradural or paraspinal mass. There are Tarlov cysts at the S1-2 level. Transitional lumbosacral junction as described. Mild degeneration changes without significant central or foraminal compromise.
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote