View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I deal with these feelings on a daily basis. Heck, sometimes on an hourly basis. But the bottom line is this: I cannot commit 100% to anyone or anything but my recovery right now. Even my family. But we discuss it openly, so I can express my fears & frustrations, and they can do the same. Resentments are going to happen, so we try to nip them in the bud.

Frankly, I'm doing a lousy job at work right now. But we're working on ways to improve it--for instance, the office manager is sending me weekly updates on client lists, so I can look ahead and plan my week. She's putting in an extra effort to help me do my job--and that's so helpful. That, and a good cry now & then, is helping keep me focused on getting better. It's hard to stay positive--the trick is to give yourself a break if you get a bit negative.

And keep communication lines open. When I finally told my husband how frightened I was that I'd never be the "old me" again, he said, "That's okay, I like the new you just as much." Then I cried for 20 mins, fell asleep for 10 hours, and felt a little bit better in the morning.
leebeemi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bh_pcs (02-23-2012), Eowyn (02-25-2012), Klaus (02-24-2012), wdl6591 (02-23-2012)