Thread: working?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So...in that case I would see if you could think of either ways you COULD use the right hand or think about what tasks you are limited with because of your hand. For example...are you able to type, answer phones, fill out paperwork, etc? Some of these things you might be able to do with your left hand or using a typewriter (goodness...how old fashioned is THAT idea) so it wouldn't be necessary for you to USE your right hand but you might request an accommodation based on the specific task that you are given (like a typewriter). So in this case it wouldn't be necessary for the doctor to say no use of right hand/arm but it would be about requesting an accommodation (if necessary) that would allow you to do the job without using your right hand/arm.

The nurse at my doctor's office (who left the old practice to come with my doctor to the new one) has only one arm. She is amazing and it doesn't seem like it has stopped her at all. She has figured out how to do all the different tasks in different ways and it seems to work out just fine. She still does all the normal stuff, takes a history, takes my blood pressure and my pulse, etc....she just does it all with one arm.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote