Thread: Double vision
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The only med's I'm on is Mestinon, and they have given me Radioactive Iodine for my Graves Disease, but I just took that on Jan 26, so I'm not sure how long it take before my Thyroid will stop working and go Hypo..........

I find it seems to be towar the end of my cycle, and if there is a connection, then I will look into options such as depo provera, which makes me not get my period at all!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Oh, yes, there's a definite hormonal correlation, not just anecdotal, between myasthenia symptoms and the female cycle. I usually get much worse a couple of days before my new cycle begins.

I don't know what to suggest. I messed with progesterone supplements, with the help of my rather reckless ob/gyn, and ended up making my MG a lot worse. I ended up in the hospital for a week. I'm not saying you shouldn't look into it--just be careful. I did it all wrong. I supplemented and then stopped abruptly because it was making me sick, and ended up falling off a much higher level of progesterone. It seems to be the shift that makes my myasthenia symptoms worse, and I made the shift more radical.

I suppose it would be worthwhile to look into natural treatments for PMS--it's usually harmless stuff like B vitamins, and avoiding salt and caffeine.

Are you going to be taking any immunosuppressant drugs? My neurologist said that the ones I was taking for my MG might help with the Graves, too.
kimmyF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote