Thread: Just signed up
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just signed up

My name is Scott, I just found this group and thought I would troll around to learn more about my condition. I have only had PCS for about 2.5 months now, but it's scary to think it could go on for so long. I hit my head while working in the basement of a restaurant that was my customer, and had no ill effects for 48 hours. Then all the symptoms started showing up, and I went to the ER. I took the next day off work and rested up for the weekend, and seemed to be doing fine, then about 5 days after the injury my head and neck swelled up and my symptoms returned, only worse. Since then I have been seeing a Neurologist assigned to me (work comp situation) and just waiting for it to go away. I take Depakote for headaches, which mostly works but I get bad eye strain headaches if I am exposed to bright light of any sort. Even if I hang out in the house with all the shades drawn, a bright sunny day makes me feel like crud until the sun goes down. I also can not go to sleep without medication; before my accident I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I guess I am hoping to gauge from the posts I read here how likely is it my symptoms will clear up in a couple months, or linger on for a year or more. I look forward to engaging with all of you, and I thank you in advance for the help and suggestions I know I will receive.

Thanks,

Scott
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote