Thread: 4 years now
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz66 View Post
Am trying to decide what to do next. All the doctors want to do is give pain meds (which am allergic to them all) or put spinal stimulators in or give injections. I am kinda losing faith in the medical profession and am looking to my chiropractor more these days. Stretches and deep massages are helping me more than anything. =)
I just got back from a chiropractor treatment. Helps me greatly and it is the treatment that I MOST look forward to.

Everyone is different and every medical professional is different. Boy are we all finding that out! It is so cliche, but so true.

You have to find what works for you. And that is a lot of trial and error. For me, it's a cocktail of meds, 3 hours of work on this daily including therapy, exercise, soaks, stretches.....and the help of my physical therapist, chiropractor, pain management doctor, GP and on occasion, my massage therapist. CRPS responds best to a "multi-disciplinary" approach in my opinion.

It took me over a year to develop a treatment protocol that works best for me. And some constant "tweeking" is necessary. But I can honest say that life is a lot better for me than any time since I was diagnosed in 2008.

Nobody is a better advocate for your own health than your. Try different things and get LOTS of opinions. I found some professionals that didn't have a clue about this condition and others that are quite knowledgeable.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by birchlake; 02-24-2012 at 07:37 AM.
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (08-02-2013), dd in pain (03-03-2012), SandyRI (07-10-2012), suz66 (02-24-2012)