View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 07:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PCS and Work Comp

Has anybody here gotten PCS from a work related injury? I hit my head on a 3 inch PVC pipe walking backwards in a basement last December, and I've been suffering PCS symptoms ever since. It's still less than 3 months, but getting close to it, and I don't see a ton of improvement. I could use any advice on how to prepare myself for the employer side of things: who has been terminated at the 91 day mark, when to seek out a lawyer, when to seek SSI, etc. I despise the thought of a lawyer, I have never sued anyone for anything in my life, but I also don't want to be blindsided when I am the sole bread winner in a family of 4. I'm a guy who has never been unemployed more than 2 weeks at a time, has worked multiple jobs when necessary, and found the time to go back to school, finish my BA and start an MA while doing all this, and now I'm a hermit or vampire hiding from the sunlight in a dark apartment, and my boss is wondering when I'll be back. I'm afraid of what they might do if the answer is "well, it looks like it may take 6 months or more". Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (02-23-2012)