View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face

Hi scott,
I'm sorry you got injured. I got hurt at work about seven months ago. I got terminated
About a week ago. My advice is to get an attorney. Someone who specializes in workmans comp. This attorney will advocate for your rights. Wmc can be very confusing especially with the head injury. They will make sure your getting the proper treatments. I wouldnt focus on social security yet. its good to ask your attorney about long term. Its quite a process and you need to focus on healing while you still have time. I was let go. In the employment handbook it states they can terminate you if you are out so many days. I had exceeded it. They were hopeful for my return. Unfortunately pcs has a plan of its own. I have a wonderful attorney so I dont have stress about my future but more my recovery. We all have families and lives that are stressful, money, health and the uncertainy of whats to come. The fear of the unknown. All so challenging, especially when your the working one and have people depending on your income. All I can say is I have to remember how the neurosurgeon looked at me and said to me and my husband how lucky I was, did I realize how much worse off I could be.
I gave thanks and realised what becomes of me through out this journey is just going to be the person I have to accept. The old me just isn't there anymore. Im learning to let her go. The new me is much slower but the old me wouldn't slow down enough to enjoy life. So letting go isnt always so bad.
What im trying to say is relax, rest, sleep, light walks, rest, rest and more healing. Oh and an attorney.
Good luck. My thoughts are with you. There are a group of very helpful people here.
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Scott in Fenton (02-24-2012)