View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letta View Post
After my last doctors apppintment they released me 'in good health' but I'm still having daily, almost attacks, of head pain. I plan on going to a non-workmans comp doctor soon, but thought to ask if anyone had any insight as to what I should do to solve these headaches! Thank you.
Hi Letta, Welcome.

I'm not sure why they prescribed cyclobenzaprine (aka Flexeril) - a muscle relaxant - for headaches

There are a couple of possibilities. If you are still taking anything, there is a phenomenon called "rebound headache" that sometimes happens, but that should clear up within a short time after discontinuing the causal medication.

Another possibility (that you should pursue with doctors) is the possibility of Post-concussion syndrome (PCS). There is a specific forum for that condition here on NeuroTalk.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum92.html

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote