View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89danboy View Post
A quick update,I asked for some help and questions,thankyou so much for the response.it really puts me in a great state of mind when I hear how all of you support me and advise me on everything.also how each and every one of you put love into your posted responses.Ianyway I was approved for my ss diss benefits.the judge was soo nice to me. & read my med reports and seas to me,I'm sorry u were denied the first 2 times ,I can see by all of your different dr reports that you were very Sick and seeking medical attention persistently since nov 2008.I wasn't diagnosed with rsd the first 2 times I was denied .none of the drs had a clue about anything".just saying ,if I was a dr and was familiar with rsd,I could diagnose all of us with what I know now,how can 14 drs not figure this out.dr Schwartzman knew within 30 seconds of my first visit.this disease is not uncommonly rare by any means.anyway I was granted my ss dd .thank you all for your support .it really makes me feel good to know how much love and Care I received .I felt so alone until I found this forum .also the workmans comp dr said I was totally disabled and needed kettamine treatment immediately.I was in shock when she gold that to my case worker .my case worker said but it's still experimental.thhe dr said so was the spinal box,so was just about every procedure at one time or another.she said u can pay for the treatments and have a descent chance of recovering while he still has a chance, or you can pay his wc for the rest of his life.it's been proven kettamine injs can stop the the symptoms and also can put rsd in remission.& I know it does also because I had it done lady June & it changed my life.I was in bed for months at active befor the injs.only thing is I need it again befor I get all the pain and swelling back.i hope all of you are feeling we'll and pain free.sorry for rambling on soo much

Dan,

So happy for you. It is such a double edge feeling when you get SS. I waited, and I shouldn't have, because in my head I was going to be normal again. Finally my husband said just go fill out the paper work and if you go back to work then you can cancel the process. I received by SS in March of 2010. It was a hugh relieve, I had at the time 2 minor children who I received back benefits for and still receive monthly for my youngest who will be 18 and going off to college this summer, my son is already attentding college and his stopped once he graduated high school. I will never understand why it stops if they are still a full tiime student and now we are paying for it. But that's how it goes. I'm grateful, for what I have.

There are many perks once you get your medicare card. Even though we are not retired or 65 you can still get discounts at stores, example senior citizen day you get 5% on Wednesday's at the A&P, NJ Transit honors a discount also. Most who offer senior citizen discounts will honor SS disability all I have to do is show my medicare card. Some look at me because I'm only 50 and I can see them saying to themselves she looks fine and sometimes I have even been questioned, as if I printed the medicare card myself.Itbothered me at first then I got the attidude walk a mile in my shoes and then talk. I also work I have a small, very small bookkeeping business and work within and restrictions of SS. You are able to work when you get SS. For SS Disability you can make $1000 gross before they will deduct from you monthly benefit. It just went up from $980 gross in Jan 2012. I have 2 steady clients and I will say getting out and being around other people, doing business and able to use some of my skills is such good theraphy They drive me crazy likeyesterday I did not get home until 6:45PM.I just ate something and went to bed.

Also congrats. on getting the ketamine treatments approved. I did 3 - 5 day inpatient. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I did my inpatient in NYC and my boosters with Dr. Schwartzman. I did have success with it and have not had to have a booster since Jan 2009 and still okay. I have had some flares, like my last one, but haven't had to get involved with ketamine again, thank goddness. Ketamine and I are not the best of friends.

Well congrats on everything again.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote