View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Scott,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your injury and even worse that it was a work injury.

Work Comp claims from concussion can be difficult to get adequate benefits. There are quite a few on NT who have WC claims.

Have you even started a WC claim?
What has your employer been told about your injury?
Does he know it happened on the job?

You are likely going to need a good mTBI Work Comp attorney. Just a good WC attorney will not be good enough. Concussion injuries are tough to represent.

Are you in Fenton, MI or Fenton, MO?

Different states have different WC regulations.

I can research for a WC attorney in your state. I know what to look for.

If you employer knows you were injured on the job, he is responsible to start a claim for you. Many do not do this and it can be held against them.

You need to be prepared to fight hard. This is not like you are suing your boss. You pay these insurance premiums with your paycheck, just on the employer's side like FICA taxes the employer contributes on your behalf. You have earned your Work Comp benefits. The Work Comp insurance company pays you, not your employer.

What symptoms are you having the most trouble with?

We'll do all we can to help.

My best to you.

Mark,

thanks for the info. I am in MO, not MI. Work comp is already working on this, they have assigned a "nurse" to follow me to every neurologist appt. and all the bills are being paid by that organization. I have 6 months short term disability at 100% pay, 6 months at something like 60% long term. I don't know if they will let it get to that point though, and that's what I'm concerned about. I guess the sensitivity to light is the worst part; I have Depakote that handles headaches for the most part, but if the sun is too bright one day or I get too much bright inside light I get headaches anyway. I have no stamina for anything physical, get cold sweats after 30 minutes of washing dishes or putting clothes away etc. I have been lucky apparently, that my cognitive functions have only been slightly affected; I struggle for words sometimes, and I'm easily irritated and short fused, but I did not forget any part of my life or lose any part of my knowledge. I was able, in fact, to continue my master' degree work this semester, after missing a couple weeks; I have to wear my sunglasses in class and ride the train to school but at least I can still do it.

thanks again for your help, I'll be looking around the threads for info but if there's anything you can offer I really appreciate it.
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote